Lead Paint and PCB Caulk Management
LEAD PAINT PREPARATION
Eastern Environmental offers full service with an unequivocal expertise in Lead Paint and PCB Caulk Management. Please call or email for an assistance program to be put in place for your site now.
LEAD PAINTED WOOD OFF SITE PREPARATION
Off site waste preparation is a very sensible avenue for generators and/or contractors concerned with generator liability and keeping costs down. Ultimately what it offers is “secure” storage containers, and all preparation done off site, further reducing liability. It is also especially effective in areas where space is limited and noise pollution is a factor. As in the case of on site preparation, it is designed to reduce extensive contractor labor.
- Lead painted wood is abated and stored in secured, hazardous labeled roll off container(s) or van trailer(s) by contractor.
- Metal hinges, door handles, window glass, window locks and any metal less than three inches may be left on the debris. However, NO ALUMINUM is acceptable.
- Material may be loosely stacked or wrapped in small amounts of polyethylene within the container.
- Waste is transported to interim facility, for size reduction. Wood is fed into custom chipping units utilizing full secondary containment, air exchange, and HEPA filtering.
LEAD PAINTED METAL OFF SITE PREPARATION
- Lead painted metal is abated and stored in hazardous permitted roll off container(s) or van trailer(s) by contractor.
- Material may be loosely stacked or wrapped in small amounts of polyethylene.
- Metal components are prepared by a series or air pressures, removing the contaminant.
- Any resulting hazardous waste (lead paint chips, dust, etc.) is accumulated in drums and shipped to a fully permitted TSDF for final disposal.
Paint free metal components are disposed of as construction and demolition debris (C & D).
ON SITE SAFETY & TRAINING
- All site personnel are trained in accordance with 29FR1910.1025.
- All site personnel undergo medical monitoring to ensure compliance with applicable regulation.
- Negative air systems with dust collectors and HEPA filters are utilized to eliminate the possibility of – contaminated air discharge.
- Ambient air monitoring is performed both inside and outside of the mobile unit while operating.
- Personnel are further protected by protective equipment, including disposal coveralls (IE: Tyveks), eye – protection, hard helmets, gloves, boots and air purifying respirators with HEPA cartridges.